Subject to the following conditions, all VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) reconditioned engines are warranted for 12 months, unlimited mileage.
- Damage occurring as a result of a failure of any ancillary parts (e.g. cooling system, fuel system, turbo charger/exhaust & ignition system components) is not covered by this warranty, nor are the ancillary parts themselves.
- This warranty is applicable to mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland only. Additional insurance cover is advisable when travelling abroad with the vehicle.
- That a 500 mile service is carried out when the oil and oil filter are changed. N.B. - only use the type and grade of oil recommended by the original engine manufacturer. The tappets, where they are manually adjustable, should be checked and reset as necessary. Where applicable check cooling, fuel and ignition system as well as auxiliary drive belts. Ensure there are no oil, water or fuel leaks. Throughout the duration of this Warranty the vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. The service record at the back of this booklet should be completed at each service. Any necessary repairs or maintenance (whether covered by this Warranty or not) should be carried out as soon as is practicable and without further detriment to the condition of the engine. All ancillary parts should always be maintained in good order.
- Any modifications undertaken without the written consent of VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) will invalidate this Warranty.
- This Warranty only covers the vehicle when in use on public paved roads and does not apply in marine situations, competition, race or speed trials. If the vehicle is to be used for towing, then this must only be done within the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- This Warranty will not cover any defect, damage or breakdown resulting from misuse, negligence or collision.
- This Warranty will not apply if the repair is necessitated simply as a result of fair wear and tear.
- If a reconditioned engine is replaced under the terms of this Warranty, the replacement engine will be covered for the balance of the original warranty.
- This Warranty is NOT transferable.
- This Warranty does not cover towing, recovery, re-delivery or any consequential costs incurred (e.g. replacement/short term hire vehicle, overnight accommodation etc).
- If any material facts are withheld, false or fraudulent reports and/or claims are made, then this Warranty shall become void. In this event, any payments that have been made by VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) will be repayable forthwith.
- Agents, distributors or 3rd party suppliers trading in or selling VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) goods have no right or authority to bind in any way nor to assume on VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) behalf, any obligations.
- No variation or modification to the terms of this Warranty shall be valid or binding unless it is in writing and signed by an authorised employee of VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd).
- The vehicle owner is responsible for the costs of maintenance items replaced during Warranty repairs.
- This Warranty is valid and effective only if all terms and conditions (including the Repairs Procedure) are fully complied with.
- Nothing in the above Warranty affects the customer’s statutory rights.
- VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this Warranty from time to time without prior notification.
The following steps must be taken in the event of a possible Warranty claim:
- The end-user must contact us and provide the following information:
- Customer invoice number (TRS.....................................................................................)
- The make and model of the vehicle
- The date the reconditioned unit was purchased
- The mileage of the vehicle at the time the reconditioned unit was fitted
- The current mileage of the vehicle
- Details of the complaint
- If the end-user is unable to contact the agent who supplied the unit, he/she may contact VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) directly, detailing the information required above.
- VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) may require that the warranty registration card is faxed and/or posted to them.
- The vehicle must then be delivered, at the owner’s expense, to a mutually agreed repairer. No repairs may be undertaken until the costs and the method of repair have been agreed with VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd).
- VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) will then issue a Warranty repair number that will authorise the necessary repairs, or replacement, at the agreed cost. No invoices will be accepted for payment without a Warranty repair number.
- VehicleWise (Specialist Diesel Ltd) reserves the right to provide any necessary repair parts. All faulty or damaged parts removed under the terms of this Warranty shall become the property of Ivor Searle Limited and must be returned.
- Failure to comply with any of the above may invalidate the warranty.
- By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. Title to the goods shall remain with us until paid in full with cleared funds.